Pseudo savoury donuts and chocolate donuts

This summer I always have dough or batter in the fridge.  Dough from Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day, usually Olive oil dough, rarely Brioche dough.

We were surfeit  with pizzas and foccaccias and I still had some olive oil dough in the fridge.

Now this is a very healthy dough - made completely of Whole Wheat flour (Chapathi flour), ground in small batches from Organic Wheat.  The scant 1/4 cup oil used is Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  The junk craving devil lurking inside decided to tip the scales by deep frying this dough.  With Cheese/Chocolate inside to boot!.

I was looking for a samosa like skin, so I rolled the dough quite thin - 3 - 4 mm thickness.
I then stuffed it with either a mix of paneer+cheddar cheese + fresh ground pepper+ powder or a 1 cm square of dark baking chocolate.  I fried it in sunflower oil and viola! It disappeared faster than the cooling rate!

roll the dough to a thin sheet


cheese+salt+pepper


I tried different styles for folding wrapper over filling.  No remarkable change in taste or texture.
Going Gone!

Comments

Autism United said…
Nice idea. Love savory with my sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete