memorable beginnings

My baby is suddenly a lil man! He goes to a regular school now; Pre-Primary II at Harisri Vidyalayam. Every free moment I find, I continue to worry about the effect schooling will have on him. He is coping superbly though - his teacher said he is "Just Perfect" in his class.
We are diverging in our choices though; His best friend from preschool, Samyukth is in a different section in Hari Sri. I felt I would be on the same wavelength as the teacher in Samyukth's class and Gautham sobbed his lil heart out the day they separated the two kids into different class rooms. My entreaties to put them back together in the same class room (Just 12 kids to a class) fell on deaf ears and hard hearts. While I was meditating over revenge and school change, my son took to his class and his teacher!
He frequently walks down the staircase holding her hand, he indulges her fairy tales - rain occurs when the cloud covered sun is sad and cries (with me it would be don't be silly P.) - and summoned the gumption to tell her he is "bored with class work" and he already knows all that she is teaching! He is habitually late to school and when he finally enters his class, one of his friends in class gets his bag and water bottle while a couple of others tug his kurta and ask him to sit next to them. It is so lovely to see my somewhat shy baby have so many friends! The icing on the cake is a long awaited habit - he finally eats something on his own! Hari Sri provides mid morning snack and I am not allowed to send any; After a week of starving he has started eating most of his healthy mid-morning snack.

He claims people started pouring water into the ocean and continued pouring even after it was full, that's why we have waves.

His class is covering body parts. After about 30 minutes of questioning what is inside my tummy, throat, chest etc..., he declared internal body parts are a lot more interesting.

In the course of explaining how brain despite looking "gross" is the centre of our existence, I had to tell him the brain is like the CPU! When did we stop looking at it the other way around? i.e. the CPU is the brain of the computer?

He is reluctant to lend his new Robots dvd to Samyukth - "I don't know where he lives, how will I get it back? I insisted he ask him if he was interested in watching the DVD. When I reminded him today afternoon, he claims he didn't see Sangeetha (Samyukth's mom), so he didnt ask.
Me: Why ask Sangeetha? Samyukth is the one who is going to watch the DVD.
Gau: Sangeetha knows better what Samyukth likes / dislikes.
Me; DO I know your likes and dislikes or do you?
Gau, with a finality of tone: Well, everyone is different. I know what is best for me, Sangeetha knows what is best for Samyukth.

His sense of humour remains intact. I lost the drawstring on my Caftan and tied a piece of yarn around my waist to shape the billowing night dress. He called me a "Knotty" girl ;)

Comments

Kay said…
Knotty girl?? Oh my! Gautam's sense of humour is well intact! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

The lunch box challenge a.k.a. please gautham's palette

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete