September Goals and August summation

I never managed to cook by 7 am.  Not once in the 31 days of August.  My best time was 8.30 AM.

I found 3 major roadblocks to getting out of the house early:

My tendency to  complicate dishes - adding a larger variety of spices, vegetables, garnishes...
My tendency to make up a recipe as I go along rather than follow familar methods.
My 2 year olds clinginess and cuteness :)

I can fix the first two w better planning, the third will be enjoyed while it lasts :)

I have a 9 days reprieve in September.  Gau's school is closed for first term break.  I am going to take a hard look at my pantry, figure out staples and simpler cooking methods.
Tupperware anjalipetti   

South Indian staple
Anjalipetti with 7 boxes containing mustard, jeera, methi, split urad, chana, red chillies and black pepper
Turmeric Powder
Hing
Fresh sprigs of curry leaves and/or coriander leaves
Sambhar Powder
Rasam Powder
Oil
Salt

Simple 3 - 5 ingredient recipes can include and of the above mentioned ingredients without being added to the count of ingredients.


Alu Capsicum Spring Onion Sabji

3 medium sized potatoes
1 large capsicum
6 spring onions

Tadka
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp jeera
3 red chillies halved

Coriander Leaves (Optional)

Scrub and chop the potatoes into a large dice
Wash and chop the capsicum into similar sized pieces.
Thoroughly wash and slice the spring onion, white and green parts only

Heat oil in a kadai (wok)
Add mustard, jeera.
When mustard pops add 3 red chillies
Add the potato and fry for a few minutes, until the jerra oil mix wraps around the potatoes
Add the capsicum, salt and continue frying
Add the spring onions and fry until wilted
Add the 1/2 cup water and cook covered until done

Garnish with Coriander leaves (optional)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete

Soul Food