Working on my to do list

I made the oats bar from the chocolate zucchini web site! And considering this is the first of the month, I think I am off to a rousing start.

The original recipe is here

My version:
  1. 2 cups rolled oats (I used Baggry's old fashioned)
  2. 2 cups amaranth
  3. 3/4 cup brown sugar
  4. 2/3 cup currants
  5. 1/3 cup chopped cashews
  6. 1/3 cup whole chiroli (hazelnut would be a good substitute)
  7. 2 tsp cardamom powder
  8. 3.5 cups milk
  9. 3 eggs beaten
  10. 2 medium apples peeled, cored, sliced

  • Mix items 1 to 7 thorughly, add items 8, 9, stir together
  • Pour into a well buttered pan. Top with apple slices
  • Bake for 40 - 50 minutes (I took only 40, the original recipe said 50)
  • Cool and cut into rectangles


Review: My husband said it reminded him of panchamritham and ate 2; My son took 1 bite and gave up :( I personally liked it a lot, much better than store bought breakfast cereal bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kombucha in Chennai!

A Sweet Tart with Chocolate and Pomegranete

Soul Food